Lloyds Bank Social Entrepreneurs Programme: Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for voting in the SSE’s ‘Social Entrepreneur of the Year’ award
a) What is this voting process for?
- Votes will go towards deciding the winner of the ‘Social Entrepreneur of the Year’ award from a shortlist of five finalists. The Award is part of the Social Entrepreneurs Programme which is supported by Lloyds Banking Group and Big Lottery Fund. All five finalists are nearing the end of a one year scale-up programme run by The School for Social Entrepreneurs (the “SSE”) through which they have scaled up their existing organisations. The final winner will be awarded a grant of £10,000 to help them grow their organisation further. We are also offering £6,000 to the person who comes 2nd in public vote and £4,000 to the finalist who comes 3rd.
There is no prize for voters.
b) How can a vote be made?
- Voting is available online at www.the-sse.org/SEYA and by SMS. Each voter can vote once online and once by SMS.
- Voters can place their vote electronically by filling in their details in the appropriate box.
- Votes can be cast by SMS from UK numbers by texting ‘SEYA17 [finalist’s first name]’ to 82228. SMS voting is being hosted by FireText.com. Data will not be shared with any third party and is collected solely for the use of SSE.
- Voting will open at 9am on 2nd October 2017 and will close at 5pm on 31st October 2017. Voting times may be subject to change. Changes will be notified on the webpage. Votes must be placed and verified within the valid voting period in order to be eligible to be counted.
- The SSE reserves the right to discount votes or suspend voting if it has reasons to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting.
- The SSE cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or other problem with any online system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered and recorded.
- If for any reason the online or SMS voting system fails, the vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be actioned.
c) Who is eligible to place a vote?
- Each voter may only vote once online and once by SMS. The SSE reserves the right to discount votes it considers to be duplicates.
- Finalists, any member of staff of the SSE and those under the age of 16 are not eligible to vote.
d) How is the vote decided?
- The finalist who receives the greatest number of eligible votes will win.
- If the number of eligible votes results in a tie the winnings would be split evenly amongst joint winners.
- The SSE’s decision in relation to all matters affecting the vote is final.
- The SSE will only use your personal data for the purposes of running this vote. The SSE complies with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- The SSE reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on this website and such posting will be adequate notice to all voters.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales.